1/19/2010

Two sides of Sir Darby

So Sir Darby is a bit two-sided.
He seems like a nice, quiet, gentle giant who will do anything to please his human, but truth is he is a bit defiant. Yep he is a bad boy, unlike me.
He loves rolling in the mud. The DOR cleans the mud off of him and tells him to stay clean. Sir Darby nuzzles her and seems to agree. She leaves him fairly clean...



She returns the next day and goes out to give him his treats and this is what she finds. Look at that muddy butt! She reminds him that he agreed to stay clean and he just looks at her like he has no idea what she is talking about.
I roll in the mud after she grooms me too. But I don't agree to stay clean and I just go and roll right in front of her. No sneaky rolling for me, just blatant in-your-face rolling in the muddiest spot I can find before she even leaves the paddock.
If we all stay muddy enough, keeping the DOR brushing us off everyday, we will assist her in getting fit. Brushing all of us helps her tone up her arms. Yep we are her fitness coaches. Besides nothing is better than a good roll in the mud.
Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR!

6 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

Jack, yup, we keep our DOR busy toning her arms, too! And, yup, we roll right in front of her, like you!
Tee hee!
Scout & Cali

Grey Horse Matters said...

If we didn't roll in the mud how would we keep our DOR's fitness level up. I mean, after all just prancing around like a princess in clean clothes just isn't going to cut it around here.

Betty said...

Jack I love the before and after pictures of Sir Darby. I think playing in the mud with you would be fun.
~~Hugs and Smooches~~

Jocelyn said...

oh my arms get so tired from grooming! I wish I had a horse that liked it, Star is not a fan of the Spa Day.

She thinks it means we are going to a show :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Sounds like they are asking for a raise for their fitness coach jobs. Two carrots and an apple might fit the bill. lol!

I've not been by for a long time. Looks different around here. Very nice! Thanks for all the wonderful comments, encouragement, and words of advice you've been giving me. They are much appreciated :)


~Lisa

Leah Fry said...

Mine love getting groomed every bit as much as they seem to enjoy rolling around in the mud.

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates