1/21/2010

Playing dress-up

The DOR thought that we would do some shows this summer just for fun. With my ridability still in question she is trying to figure out what kind of activity we could do instead. She came up with a brilliant idea, I think it is silly, we can do some parades in costume. She has a stash of regalia, thinks she could paint me up, and then lead me through the parade route.
Now do I seem to be a horse who likes dress-up? Shandi Doll is a girl and she likes dress-up. Sir Darby will do any silly thing the DOR asks him to do as long as there is a scritch and treat involved, he is soooo cheap. I on the other hand have dignity, self-respect, and standards to keep. The DOR has been showing me pictures of my ancestors dressed in costumes, well actually it was just how it was back in the day. She is pretty insistent that I will wear a costume come spring, parade around the arena like a good boy, and get ready for a parade. She also wants to have pictures done. She says that I cover myself in mud and that is no different than wearing war paint. I don't agree...paint is makeup and mud is a skin treatment. Soooo not the same thing!
I have some thinking to do about all of this. After all how can I stay a card carrying member of the "Burly He Man Gelding Club" if it gets out I play dress-up? Maybe the DOR will come up with a fearsome looking costume, a monstrous looking costume, one that scares all of the other geldings and things will be fine.
Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR!

9 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

Jack, I don't know WHY our DOR's are such DORKS! Mine hangs things that wave on the corral pipes to "desensitize" us. Doesn't she know that we, the mustangs, are pretty much desensitized to most things? (shaking head)...DORs are DORKS...DORs are DORKS...DORs are DORKS!
~~Cali~~

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Remember Jack ,war paint was what the burly he men Appys wore into battle ! how much more "he man" can you get?

Betty said...

I am with you Jack I hate make up and dressing up and I am a human.
Give me jeans and a denim of flannel shirt and I am happy.
~~Hugs and Smooches~~

mrscravitz said...

well Jack, I have been wanting to do this exact thing with Sissy. She would be such a cute painted pony! And you would be so very handsome!

Julie said...

Enjoyed my visit..

I love horse blogs!

Julie
www.ridingaside.blogspot.com

Susan said...

I can't wait to see the pictures. I'll take them out to show our horses. Maybe then they'll realize that the stuff we have them do isn't so goofy after all.

Unknown said...

Lots of tough horses wear he man kind of costumes...

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

A costume woud just make you even more handsome, Jack.

Try it, you'll see ;)

~Lisa

Leah Fry said...

You made coffee come out my nose -- Burly He Man Gelding Club!! Poco and Jaz want to be members.

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates