7/13/2009

Saturday's trail ride


The DOR has her trail butt back! We had a wonderful ride at Horn Rapids on Saturday.
See these saddlebags? They are a pair that the
DOR bought when she was 10...they are old. Her dad sent them to her for me to use. She used to use them all the time when she and Nikki would go out for a ride. There was an old fishing lure still in them, along with the residue of an OLD peanut butter and jelly sandwich. She cleaned them up and they are good for many years to come. I think they are going to become a well loved attachment to my saddle when we are on the trails.









The
DOR was good; there was no snorting, shying, jumping, or spooking at anything. She was so good I could sneak in a bite or two as we ambled along.




I even tried to get Breezey to give me a kiss. I figured that since I was the only gelding, calm as could be, and not sweaty she might lay one on me.






The river was lovely to look at. There were birds, rabbits, and some other running creatures. I ignored them because my mind was on the two fillies I was with.




We stopped at a spot were you could get down to the river. We all took a peek. I didn't take the DOR down to the water, I was concerned she might fall in and I would have to swim after her. I wanted to make sure this ride went a smoothly as possible so that we can go on one every weekend.






I think I was pretty successful making this a good ride...look at her big ol grin! She kept saying how great I was, how much fun she was having, that she felt like she did back in the days when she and Nikki would spend the entire weekend in the hills. I feel good that I have made her feel so happy. We have finally "clicked" and it is a bit magical.







Here I am at the end of the ride. I was so nice I even gave a
pokey weed a ride for about half of the ride and didn't care.
Enjoy your day and don't forget to hug your DOR

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

You've done a great job training your DOR - it's nice that's she's calmed down and is trusting you. Sounds like you had a great ride - and those saddlebags look really nice next to your beautiful spotted butt! Maisie

Sharkbytes said...

Jack- Tell your DOR that I loved going on this trail ride with you, and you should take me more often. I haven't actually been on a horse in years.

Jocelyn said...

Gotta love a spotted butt!
I am so glad that you and Jack have melded and are becoming partners!
Nothing better than that!

Paint Girl said...

Looks like you gave your DOR an excellent ride Jack! Good boy!
Love the saddle bags, and yes they do look nice on your spotted butt!

restoration42 said...

Looks like you too had a really fun ride. Jack, you are looking mightee fine these days!

Sherry Sikstrom said...

Wonderful ! so glad you had a good trail ride , and that you two have finally "clicked " here's to many more miles together!

mommanator said...

ahhh how sweet. Isnt it wonderful how good leather will stand the trials of time!

Unknown said...

Gosh you take some very good photos!

Dusty Devoe said...

What a good boy you are Jack! The saddle bags look mighty handsome on you! Hugs!

Once Upon an Equine said...

Those saddlebags sure look nice with those big brown spots. Glad you and your DOR had a nice ride together.

Desert Rose said...

You are "The MAN" Jack!!!

The Silver Age Sara said...

Wow, what a lot of fun you had. I loved the photos.
The saddle bags are fantastic.
I'm so thrilled you and your DOR have such a great relationship.

 

Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates